are Children's Centres?
Children's Centres are places that provide information and offer
access to services for families with children under five years old
in their local community.
Each centre offers a variety of services to cater for the needs
of the community, but may include the following:
- childcare provision
- early education integrated with childcare
- support for parents thinking about training or finding a new
- antenatal classes and baby clinics
- information and advice about breastfeeding, parenting and
speech and language
- family support and outreach to parents
- drop in sessions for parents and children
- services for children with special needs and disabilities
- links with voluntary agencies
- links with local schools.
Find out more
Watch our video to see a variety of services on offer:
If you have difficulty viewing this video, please visit the